Sunday, December 2, 2012

Review: 10 ways to use Nature Republic 92% Aloe Vera Soothing Gel (picture heavy!)

So I recently bought the 92% Aloe Vera Soothing Gel by Nature Republic because I wanted to know what all the hype's about :3 This product is extremely versatile so I thought I'd write a blog post about the many ways to use it!







Here are 10 ways to use it with a review  for each one.
Click "Read more" to read all 10 ways of how to use Nature Republic 92% Aloe Vera Soothing Gel :)


This product can be used to relax puffy, swollen eyes. Especially in the morning my eyelids feel super heavy and I feel so awkward with swollen eyes T^T This is actually one of my favorite ways to use the Aloe Vera Gel! You'll need cotton pads that have two sides you can tear apart (see picture below). I wouldn't recommend just putting the gel on normal cotton pads and placing them on your eyes because it might make them sting. 


To be honest, this really surprised me when I first tried it! I didn't expect it to be this cooling and soothing. It is absolutely amazing :D It really does reduce puffy eyes and also moisturizes the eye area. After removing the cotton pads, you can gently rub in the left-over gel (so fresh and moisturizing!). It really makes my eyes less puffy. The results are more remarkable in real life but here are some pictures anyway:

Well, you can also use the gel as a hair treatment:

Basically, I just twist my hair (I usually make 3 braids, one on either side and one on the back); then I rub some Aloe gel in my palms and smooth it over the braids. When I untwist the braids my hair is more soft and less messy. It doesn't make thaaat much of a difference though ><


Okay, so I got a little creative on this one lol. What you'll need:
- Aloe Vera Gel
- a little container for the lip tint
- liquid lip tint (or I guess you could also melt some lipstick)

I used the Tony Moly Cat Chu Wink Lip Tint in red. (check out my review^^)

I don't wear contacts anymore, so I used my old contact lens case. 
Here's how you do it:
Aaand there you go! I added more lip tint in between for more color. 
Here's how it looks:



As I didn't put in a lot of lip tint, the result is a very subtle, rosy red. The aloe tint feels very cool on your lips and it's also quite fluid. I applied it with a lip pencil but it works just as well if you use your fingers. At the beginning it looks very glossy but as soon as your lips suck in the moisture it's perfect ^^ The downside of this is the taste (ugh D:)

You can also use this product as a moisturizer - it feels very fresh and soothing. However, it is not moisturizing enough for my dry skin. So I mix some of my moisturizer with the aloe gel! If you're using a very expensive moisturizer the aloe gel will kind of work as a "volumer" so your product will last longer (+ the soothing effect!). I've been doing this from time to time, I really like it.


If you rub the gel on your nails and cuticles, it'll moisturize them and therefore make them less brittle. I'm working at a coffee shop and since I also have to clean, do the dishes and so on, my nails and cuticles have been really dry. This definitely helps!


This mask is suitable for dry skin. It should be very moisturizing.
What you'll need:
- 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel
- Avocado
- Cucumber
- 1/2 teaspoon of honey

Peel 1/8 cucumber and put it in a blender to puree it. If you don't have a blender you can also cut in in very small pieces and mash it with a fork. Then mash a few slices of the avocado and add it to the cucumber puree. Add the aloe vera gel and the honey and mix everything until you have a smooth paste. You can warm up the honey a little to make it more fluid.

Cleanse your face and spread the mask on your face using your fingers or a foundation brush ^^ Leave it on for about 15 minutes and wash off with lukewarm water. I like to splash some cold water in my face after.
Put on your moisturizer and you're good to go!

I haven't tried this mask yet but as soon as I have I will update this post 


This mask is suitable for sensitive skin. What you'll need:
- 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel
- 3 tablespoons of fresh cucumber juice
- 1 tablespoon of non-flavored organic yogurt

Put some cucumber in the blender to make fresh cucumber juice :3


Mix the ingredients together until you have a nice, smooth paste.
After cleansing your face, spread the mask on your face with your fingers or a foundation brush. Leave it on for about 10-15 minutes and wash off with lukewarm water. It's also nice to rinse your face with alternately warm and cold water! Then put on some moisturizer to seal in the moisture :)

This is how the mask looks:

It feels very refreshing and soothing. It left my skin feeling softer than before. The only think I dislike about this is the smell of the yogurt...


You can also use this prodcut as a body lotion. I think this is especially useful if you have a sunburn or something because it's so soothing~
This felt really nice on my skin and left it moisturized for quite some time.




It is important to keep your skin and hair moisturized, the same goes for your eyelashes and brows. Eyelash and eyebrow gel you find in drugstores usually contains ingredients that aren't actually healthy. So this is a nice alternative :)
Just buy an eyebrow brush or clean up one of your old mascara appliers. 


Just dab it inside your aloe vera gel.


Make sure to remove excess product! If you use too much and put it on your eyelashes it might get into your eyes (not very pleasant). The brush should be gently coated with the gel.


The aloe gel actually makes your eyelashes stick together and therefore creates more volume. And my lashes felt super soft afterwards *-* I couldn't stop touching them. Though eyelashes are probably soft in general right? 


Do you also have a foundation that makes your face look cakey? One of my old foundations is actually really nice but due to my dry skin it always looks cakey (And there's nothing worse than cake foundation D:).
I thought about how the aloe gel made my face feel sticky when using it as a moisturizer, so I just had to try mixing it with foundation. It makes it more watery and way easier to apply. And it doesn't look weird on dry patches on my face anymore~ It feels more light as well (like BB Cream). 



Unfortunately, the foundation also loses some coverage when mixing it with the aloe gel. So I couldn't really take photos of the results for you ><


I also checked the ingredients and they're okay!



Overall rating:


I hope this ultra long post was helpful!
If you liked my review please share it with your friends :3
And leave me a comment? ^-^ I'd love to hear how you use your Aloe Vera Gel or if you tried any of the methods I told you about.

36 comments:

  1. Great idea for the aloe lip tint and eyelash/eyebrow gel. Never thought of using it that way before.
    http://hanaiyzm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! An extremely well written and informative blog post. Thank you for the review! I knew of the benefits of aloe vera and finding this product was a dream come true. I've been wanting to try this product for a long time so I'm hoping I'll be able to find it in Hong Kong when I go this month! Too bad my Korea trip was postponed so I won't be able to splurge on all the glorious Korean products.
    What camera/lens do you use? Your pictures are all high quality!

    You earned yourself a new follower. I'd love it if you checked my blog out. x

    Y-OONYEE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your super long lashes.. Sure a good help for the review.. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the review! i cant wait to try it *_*

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the review! i cant wait to try it *_*

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are so creative! haha
    www.sherrythinks.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey:)
    I was wondering how long do you have to put the cotton pads with aloe gel on your eyes? And also, do you put them directly on top of your eye lids or below them where the puffiness is? Please answer them thank you:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. great review . is so details ~ ^^ thanks !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great review! :D So this is why this product is a best-seller - it can be used in so many ways!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm going to try it with my aloe vera gel. but mine is organia. bought it from watson.. cheaper =D. hope i will get same result.. ngee

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for this! :) I just purchased a tub of this with my friend and our other friend was skeptical about it's million different uses but this was PERFECT! THANK YOU THANK YOU! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. cool !! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Goood Review !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. hey girls !! I'm selling this awesome product.. anyone wanted can pm me at neeza_9@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. thank you so much with the tips! I just opened mine today and this review is so helpful :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, very nice blog with lot of informations. We manufacture all kind of Aloe Vera Products .
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, very nice blog with lot of informations. We manufacture all kind of Aloe Vera Products .
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, very nice blog with lot of informations about Aloe Vera products. We manufacture all kind of Aloe Vera Products .
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for the info! An exchange student from Korea gave this to me and I don't have any idea how to use it since instructions are all written in Korean. I'm surprised you can actually use it in so many ways! Kudos to you for e very helpful blog..:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. My friend just bought me this aloe gel from korea, and i was wondering how it can be used. Very helpful tips from your post! I will definitely try your suggested ways, esp the cotton pads one.
    WWW.THETALLNSHORT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the Aloe Vera Gel. Can get it cheaper in Malaysia from http://www.facebook.com/omoshiroiya instead of the shop ^^ It's cheaper ^^

    ReplyDelete
  23. no idea we could use it for the eye and lip in that way thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great Blog!! Aloe Vera is really good for health. Your thought processing is wonderful. The way you tell the thing is awesome.
    herbalhills

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow i like the lip tint idea, i usually mix my home made organic lip tint with sunflower oil for better blending but i will try aloe with my cheek tint to avoid oily cheeks through out the day. luckily i have an aloe vera plant that is growing so big and reproducing so fast so i have to use them. it's free and 100%...they can survive most weather conditions so i think it is better to purchase a plant and let them propagate..

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awesome! i have tried also. i bought them from https://www.facebook.com/naturerepublicaloevera! they are awesome seller! fast n safe delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  27. interesting.. will try it out

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for your review ! ~_~ I'll definitely try lip tint & eyelash gel. Great idea !! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for your review ! ~_~ I'll definitely try lip tint & eyelash gel. Great idea !! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is really lovely of you~~~ sounds great~~ gonna try it

    ReplyDelete
  31. www.honestskin.com 30% sale for all Korean cosmetics during March.
    Nature Republic, The Saem, 3CE, Skinfood, Etude House, Tonymoly, Innisfree, Thefaceshop, Nature Republic, and more and more brands

    ReplyDelete
  32. thank you for the helpful review!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I bought this aloe vera gel to remove my facial warts (pin/flat type). And after 3 days my warts are almost gone...my skin moisturised and soft.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I bought this aloe vera gel to remove my facial warts (pin/flat type). And after 3 days my warts are almost gone...my skin moisturised and soft.

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is so nice. I have a very sensitive skin and want to try this product too. But it is so difficult to buy this product, always out of stock. Fortunately, i'm able to grab one this month anf your long post about this product is very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete